Hey: If you are seeing this message, your browser is crappy and you should upgrade it to one which follows web standards. This site is designed for a graphical browser which supports W3C recommendations. The content of this site is accessible to you, but you will not get it's full visual effect as it was intended to be displayed. Check out our upgrade page and download the latest version of your preferred browser.
GRIND•12 Zine Archive
GRIND•12 Issue 2.1 - The Full-Color Issue
Issue 2.1 Contents
- go skateboarding day - June 21 is the official day to blow off work, school and responsibility and go skate!.
- our compulsive fixation... on punk-rocker/actress Juliette Lewis.
- blank deck wars - Does the skate industry need to be saved? -or- Can it be saved from itself?.
- tank girl - Who? Drop in and find out about this awesome comic book... from the early 90's.
- GRIND•12 CD - This time out we dole out a disc chock-full of old-school rap to combat the the idea that today's hip-hop is the same as yesterday's rap. It ain't!
- sk8Gnome on mySpace - Proving that MySpace is for idiots.
- grow a board - Stop bitching about the high cost of decks and go grow a Maple tree.
- pirate radio - Conquer your local FM airwaves and remind us that pirate radio is still alive... and not just a stream of crap over the web.
- centerfold Marisa Miller - Stunning supermodel amidst the usual cartoon crap, but this time she's in full-color!
- alternative sk8 mags - Stop buying Transworld at the grocery store and see the breadth of sk8 mags that are out there with different areas of coverage.
- fabricate - No place to skate? Get inspired to build a ramp.
- art or skart - Whether you like museums or not, skateboarding is increasingly nestled in art. Go explore a gallery - expand your artistic knowledge and horizon.
- hey ladies - Fashion quiz - Do you think the CCS Girls Catalog is really for skaters? Take our quiz and see if you can tell their crap from Macy's and TJ Maxx.
- future generations - Raising kids is awesome! Go make some of your own.
- skate reality TV - The good and the un-watchable. There is NO reality on television.
- sk8kleen soap for skateboarders - Our interview with Alicia, owner of Sk8kleen soap.
- DVD reviews - Don't waste time bootlegging the bad ones.
- scarfing material - A couple of real recipes for those tired of eating crap.