Hey: If you are seeing this message, your browser is crappy and you should upgrade it to one which follows web standards. This site is designed for a graphical browser which supports W3C recommendations. The content of this site is accessible to you, but you will not get it's full visual effect as it was intended to be displayed. Check out our upgrade page and download the latest version of your preferred browser.
GRIND•12 Zine Archive
GRIND•12 Issue 1.3 - The Pirate Issue
Issue 1.3 Contents
- say what? - Take off your damn headphones and talk to people! You might meet someone really cool.
- create - Spark a little internal creativity and make your clothes suck less in the process.
- pirate lore - Pirates fought to the death to guard their turf... sounds like skaters -vs- cops.
- product reviews - FKD's bearing press and Bordzup's Gravity Suspension Rack.
- chuck taylors - Starting as a basketball shoe, skaters have taken them as their own and even adapted their stupid game of “horse”.
- crossword puzzle - Fun, games and partial nudity.
- manufacturers links - Big fucking list of skateboard manufacturers and their web sites.
- GRIND•12 CD - A crap-load of skate rock... if you got the disc.
- Lisa Marie Scott - This issue's centerfold.
- RIF2 - Reading is fucking fun and here's a bunch of skate books we recommend.
- get a job - I don't care how many stairs you leapt or that you ollied over your neighbor's house. You won't go pro... but there are plenty of opportunities to integrate your sk8-cravings into a cool job.
- big business - Crappy box-stores are cutting into our sk8 industry and trying to make a profit off the hard work of those who made this industry what it is - indy shops and diverse skaters. Take back skateboarding!
- retro DVD box sets - Relive the past, garner some sk8 history and get stoked to go ride. These archives speak volumes.
- stench - You stink, go wash your damn pads. It's easier than you might think.
- farewell SG mag - Another sk8 mag bites the dust. This one was one of the few that covered girls on boards. We need more girls on boards!
- obsessed - We love Juliette Lewis and her band The Licks.
- on my pod - Since record companies won't lower their prices, lets download some more free music.