Hey: If you are seeing this message, your browser is crappy and you should upgrade it to one which follows web standards. This site is designed for a graphical browser which supports W3C recommendations. The content of this site is accessible to you, but you will not get it's full visual effect as it was intended to be displayed. Check out our upgrade page and download the latest version of your preferred browser.
GRIND•12 Zine Archive
GRIND•12 Issue 1.2 - The Haloween Issue
Issue 1.2 Contents
- click to buy - Online shopping seems really convenient until the box shows up and it isn't exactly what you ordered. Support your local sk8 shop!
- shoe sponsors - The risk DVS took in giving actress-turned-punk rocker Juliette Lewis a signature shoe.
- grip tape stencils - The bottom of your deck has art, so why leave the grip tape looking so drab. Get artistic on that shit!
- yo ladies - If you're a girl lacking a proper forum for your sk8 talents, start up your own org.
- Local Scene - Skate park/house combo: Many rental properties in the OBX come with a membership to the local YMCA. They have a concrete skate park. Go for it!
- riser pads - Khiro has reinvented to riser pad. It ain't just a spacer anymore.
- mini decks - Jump on the 1974 bandwagon and get hold of one of these slim street surfers. It's more fun than you'd think.
- centerfold & CD reviews - Model Ali Landry lends her image (we just took it) for our centerfold along with some CD reviews.
- skate legends - There are a lot of them, but check out the contributions of Mike V and Hosoi.
- game on - The irritating complexity of modern game consoles compared to the simple fun of an Atari 2600.
- home improvement - Getting a bank loan to build an in-ground concrete pool is easier than you'd think. No one says you have to fill it - sk8 hard!
- nags head sk8 - Advertisement for the best damn skate shop on the Outer Banks!
- DVD reviews - Avoid DVDs that suck. We'll help.
- dear santa - How to piss off the good intentions of that fat gift-giving hump.
- x-Games - Good for skating? It's not good for TV ratings.